- - - picture: Roger Federer - -

sleep

abc

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Roger Federer





Roger Federer Tennis star Roger Federer and a guest attend the Laureus World Sports Awards at Parc Del Forum on May 22, 2006 in Barcelona, Spain. The annual ceremony recognises top sporting achievers, and follows a weekend of sporting events.






ROGER FEDERER: It was difficult, because I thought Andy played great. You know, I mean, I’m obviously ?? I know how it is to play a Wimbledon final. I know how it is to play a fifth set in the final, in a Wimbledon final.

But it felt different. It was so different to what I experienced the last few years with Rafa, you know, where it was a baseline game. Today it was a serve and return game, which is more classical for grass.



Super Monday at Wimbledon


Photos: how Mirka roots for her husband

Roger Federer’s long-time girlfriend-now-wife Mirka Vavrinec hasn’t been famous for her expressive support of her man from the stands during his tennis matches. However, I don’t know if the pregnancy has made her more emotional or more expressive, but she has been showing a lot more verbal and gestural support for his husband who is trying to secure his 14th Grand Slam title at French Open. Yes, pregnancy can do wonders:-) Now, I am curious to see if Mirka will tear up today along with Roger after he wins or looses that ever elusive Roland Garros crown. One thing is guaranteed, he is going to CRY!

Roger Federer’s wife Mirka

Roger Federer’s wife Mirka

Roger Federer’s wife Mirka

See more photos after the cut… Read more »

ShareThis

Photos: Roger Federer’s Wedding

Roger Federer’s wedding photo Roger Federer wedding photo

Read more »

ShareThis

Roger Federer marries pregnant girlfriend Mirka Vavrinec

Roger Federer marries Mirka VavrinecRoger Federer has just announced on his website that he married his longtime girlfriend Mirka Vavrinec in a small ceremony in Basel, Switzerland.

“Dear Fans

Earlier today, in my hometown of Basel, surrounded by a small group of close friends and family, Mirka and I got married. It was a beautiful spring day and an incredibly joyous occasion.

Mr. and Mrs. Roger Federer wish all of you a Happy Easter weekend.

Love,
Roger”

After many months of rumors and speculations, Roger also has announced recently that he and Mirka are expecting their first child this summer. He also spoke openly on his views of becoming a father.Federer is scheduled to take part in the Monte Carlo Masters next week after he was given a wild card.

I guess there will be no honeymoon for the newlyweds. Oh well, they have already traveled the world and vacationed in all kinds of exotic places:-) I wish them joy and happiness!

ShareThis

Federer: Fatherhood won’t affect my tennis

Roger Federer Indian Wells

After announcing on his website that he and his girlfriend Mirka Vavrinec are expecting their first child this summer, Roger Federer was quick to state that becoming a father will not affect his tennis mind set:

“I think in a way I always had the dream that once I became No. 1 in the world if I have a child I hope I have it early enough so he can see me playing. So this is very exciting.

I think it’s not going to really disturb my mind-set on tennis a whole lot. I’ve always made sure that my schedule is (arranged with time to) get away from tennis a little but and then come back when I’m ready to play again.

If it does something to me, I think it’s going to motivate me to play for a long time.

For me, this is not a massive shock. But when it does happen (and) your girlfriend-wife is pregnant, it definitely changes your mind-set. All of a sudden you’re hoping everything goes well, whereas before you’re just joking about it. From that respect, I’m excited that the baby comes out healthy and everything goes OK. Other than that, it’s just happiness. And all the people around me, all the people I talk to, everybody is like, ‘Wow, it’s such great news.’

It’s a nice time. And yeah, the baby is due in summer. Summer is a big word, yeah. I’m not going to say anymore.”

(Photo: AFP)

ShareThis

Roger Federer to become father, Mirka is pregnant

After months and years of speculations, Roger Federer announced today on his website that her long-time girlfriend Mirka Vavrinec is pregnant.

“I also have some really awesome news to share with all of you: Mirka and I are excited to let you know that we will be parents this summer! Mirka is pregnant and we are so happy to be starting a family together. This is a dream come true for us. We love children and we are looking forward to being parents for the first time. Mirka is feeling great and everything is going well.”

Congratulations!

(TIB: Thank you Isabel for the tip off)

ShareThis

Roger Federer’s Australian Open Interview: Final

What is it about the Australian Open that makes Roger weep like this?

————TranscribedRoger Federer weeping Australian Open interview provided by The Australian Open.

Q. Could we have your thoughts on the match.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I thought it was a good match. But, no, I mean, I think I had, I guess, many chances. You know, I mean, I was up a break in the first twice. Yeah, I mean, I had many chances. I missed them, you know, and they cost me dearly.

It was a tough match. I don’t think I served particularly well, unfortunately. And I think that was the key to the match in the end.

Q. When you’re not serving well, what kind of things are going through your mind to try to get back?

ROGER FEDERER: Well, just hang in there. I mean, I won a set against Rafa serving, what, 30% first serves. You know, I mean, it’s makable. I got a great second serve. Very reliable normally. I hit some stupid double?faults, but that’s going to happen in a five?set match usually.

But, no, I mean, I tried to kind of get the grip on my serve, but never really found the rhythm, which was a pity. You know, but it happens.

Q. Can you take us through your emotions.

ROGER FEDERER: I mean, I fought hard, you know. I mean, I think I played well. I’m happy with where my game’s at. I wish my serve would have been better, but that’s something that sometimes is a bit, you know, day?form issue, you know.

I have a completely different type of serve than Rafa. You know, he makes sure he gets it in; I try to go and chase the lines. So obviously you’re always going to miss a few.

But, look, I mean, I love this game. It means the world to me, so it hurts when you lose. Read more »

ShareThis

Roger Federer becomes the richest in career cash

Roger FedererRoger Federer has passed Pete Sampras to become the biggest all-time money earner inmen’s tennis. Federer raised his career earnings to $43,3 million with a second-round win at the Madrid Masters tournament this week . Read more about Roger’sendorsements here and here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

-